Prime Minister Narendra Modi today addressed the nation after the completion of 21 days of lockdown. In his address to the nation, the PM said that the nationwide lockdown to prevent the spread of the coronavirus pandemic would remain in force till May 3, 2020.
The PM informed that newer hotspots will be identified and accordingly stringent measures will be taken to curb the spread. Till April 20, all districts, localities, states will be closely monitored as to how strictly they are implementing norms. Those areas that show remarkable improvement in terms of not allowing new hotspots to be created will see some relaxation in lockdown rules after April 20, but with certain conditions. A detailed list of guidelines on this will be issued by the government tomorrow.
The PM also made a seven-point appeal in his address and sought people’s support:
1. To look after elders and senior citizens. They should be protected from coronavirus infection.
2. To maintain lockdown, social distancing and keep your faces covered, wear hand made masks.
3. Follow the advice of the AYUSH ministry to boost immunity.
4. Download the Arogya Setu app and inspires others also.
5. Take care of the economically weaker sections.
6. Treat your employees with empathy. In these times of crisis, do not fire anyone.
7. Respect those who are leading the fight against coronavirus, including doctors, health officials, policemen.
“Country has enough stock of medicines and ration. Hurdles in the supply chain are constantly been addressed. We are also moving forward rapidly in the field of health infrastructure,” says PM Modi.
The PM further added, “India acted very early to contain the coronavirus problem. Screenings started even before India reported any COVID-19 cases, and we didn’t wait for the problem to get out of hands”.