Hacker sold backdoor access of 100+ top companies and made $1.5M

6 Comments
Posted in Technology

A most notorious hacker attacked at least 135 companies in 44 countries, some even Fortune 500 ones, and made over $1.5 million by selling backdoor access of corporate networks on the Dark Web.

Cybersecurity firm Group-IB that works out from Singapore and Moscow, tracked the hacker for over three years and has now revealed his identity in a report titled “The invisible God of networks” who sold backdoor access to corporate networks on underground forums and even hired a sales manager to deal with the corporates. The hacker that goes by the name “fxmsp” and who exploited remote desktop communications turned out to be Andrey A Turchin from Almaty, Kazakhstan.

“fxmsp” was seen on underground forums since 2016 but first announced his services in October 2017 with an offer of full access to critical network segments of a handful of unrelated organizations.

“It is believed that he had established backdoor access at a number of companies long before that, but took some time in figuring out how to monetize this access and initially attempted to use it to mine cryptocurrency,” reports CPO Magazine.

His most lucrative period of selling backdoor access was from August to November 2018. Light industry, IT and retail were the most common targets.

“He claimed to have compromised three different antivirus systems (believed to be McAfee, Symantec, and Trend Micro) along with about 60 new companies. ‘fxsmp’ raked in $1,100,800 during this period,” said the researchers.

He then disappeared with his sales manager called Lampeduza. The duo resurfaced again offering their services between May and September 2019, offering access to a collection of 22 companies and making about $124,100. Lampeduza confirmed in a December 2019 forum post that “fxsmp” had gone out of business.

“The customers were allowed to trial the backdoor access for a few hours, with the money held in an escrow account during that time”.

The hacker exploited open remote desktop protocol (RDP) ports, particularly the “3389” port commonly used to allow remote access to Windows servers and workstations. According to the cybersecurity researchers, “fxmsp” is no longer publicly active.

“It remains uncertain, however, whether he is still breaking into company networks and selling access to them,” they said.

The report showed how fxmsp’s cybercriminal career evolved from a newbie hacker to one of the major players of the Russian-speaking underground.

6 Comments. Leave new

• YOU CAN RECOVER YOUR STOLEN CRYPTOCURRENCIES, AND HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR LOCKED WALLETS WITH THE HELP OF WARDRIVERS CYBER SERVICE, A REPUTABLE CRYPTOCURRENCY RECOVERY COMPANY.
    I will continue to share this information with everyone who is yet to believe they can recover their stolen money from these online parasites pretending to be forex account managers. I have had my own experience with these swindlers and promised not to let them get away with it. WARDRIVERS CYBER will help you recover your stolen money in hours just the same way they recovered all that I lost. They are trustworthy and professional. You can reach them below

EMAIL: WARDRIVERSCYBERSERVICE(@)TECHIE(.)COM
    WHATSAPP: +16168987285

• Amanda Russinko
    October 13, 2020 8:31 am

I had bankruptcy and eviction that was of great concern to me after I left an abusive relationship. I couldn’t believe that my credit score can be 810 with the help of a reliable credit professional named XAP CREDIT SOLUTION. He was able to raise my credit score to 810 (excellent) and deleted all negative items on my credit report within 72 hours.  He also helped me increase my credit card limit to $15,000 and placed some good trade lines on my report within 5 to 7 business days. He is the best amongst all and his service is fast, secured and reliable without stress. Contact him through his regular email and phone number: XapCreditSolution at GMAIL dot COM /+1 972-597-9704, for any kind of credit repair. They’re swift in responding to any question.

• Dominic Scorzeillo
    October 8, 2020 10:02 pm

Hi people, our apartment got flooded back in November 2018, after I had a slip and fall on the apartment premises. We didn’t have the right rental insurance, there the bill came up to 186,000 USD, they asked us to pay but we didn’t have money so I agreed to pay, made a payment plan and they refused and put eviction on my credit. I didn’t realize that eviction was on my credit until 2 months later. I was trying to buy a house, and then the realtor told me my credit score is 508, apparently I’m not qualified for any buying. I needed help and I found Rock Base on Reddit, he is a good and kind credit repair professional. He took my score to 800, deleted the eviction and other negatives on my report, and added good Trade lines. I now live my desired dream thanks to him.contact:
    Email:Rockbase@protonmail.com
    Phone:+1 (972)-449-1968

• It’s imperative that I tell you this. You guys have to note that not all those out there who pose to be hackers are real. Creditors kept coming after me and putting all to my credit report; this really caught up with me and kept drowning my credit score. My score was 490 and all my cards were maxed out. I have been on a search on how to take off eviction from my public records and most people on different forums kept talking about a professional but they were all fakes until a friend introduced me to what he referred to as the best and reliable hackers XAP CREDIT SOLUTION I emailed them on XAPCREDITSOLUTION at GMAIL dot COM. They gave me some instructions which I followed, it’s been 8 working days since I paid half of my fee and my score has been increased to 780, all the negatives are gone. I’ve been made to understand that before the 12th day my score should be upto 800. I’ve been crying tears of joy. You can as well reach +1 972-597-9704 Thank you XAP!!!

• Are you interested in the service of a hacker to get into a phone, facebook account, snapchat, Instagram, yahoo, Whatsapp, get verified on any social network account, increase your followers by any amount, bank wire and bank transfer. Contact him on= hackintechnology@gmail.com +12132951376(WHATSAPP)

• I as the CEO of small manufacturing company in USA was able to recover over 78,000 USD out of 100,000 USD I had lost to online scam business and also tracked and arrested the culprits in Malaysia. ALL THANKS TO THIS PRO HACKER ALBERT VADIM.
    If you need help with anything concerning hacking, contact this genius. EMAIL- Vadimwebhack@gmail.com or WhatsApp +17025301177