A 73-year-old man was charred to death as his house caught fire at Ruallung village in Mizoram’s Saitual district on early Sunday.
The victim has been identified as Bawihkima.
The incident occurred at around 4:30 am while the victim, Bawihkima along with 8 other occupants were still fast asleep in a two-storey Assam type building, sources said.
The fire started from the ground floor of the building, which was used for a furniture workshop.
The fire was believed to be caused by an electric short-circuit.