Wanna get our awesome news?
We will send you weekly news & updates. Isn't that cool?
Subscribe!

Actually we will not spam you and keep your personal data secure

Wanna get our awesome news?
We will send you emails only several times per week. Isn't that cool?
Subscribe!

Actually we will not spam you and keep your personal data secure

Sun, 24 Mar 2019

Northeast Today

Failure to Maintain Safety, Poor Electrocuted Girl From Manipur Advised Undergoing Hand Amputation

Failure to Maintain Safety, Poor Electrocuted Girl From Manipur Advised Undergoing Hand Amputation
February 20
11:27 2019

NET Bureau, Kaybie Chongloi

 

In a heartbreaking incident in Manipur, a poor innocent minor girl was advised to undergo amputation on Wednesday following her severe electrocution on February 6 when she came into contact with an unfenced transformer near her house in Chehlep village in the newly created Tengnoupal District.

 

Two years old Tinchonghoi Mate, daughter of a daily wage earner Khaikholen Mate of Chehlep village have to lose her right hand from the elbow allegedly owing to the failure of the concerned department in maintaining safety measure while installing the transformer. She might also lose both hands if the burn condition of her left is beyond curable with the current treatment at RIMS Hospital Imphal.

 

The poor girl came into contact with the transformer while she was playing near her house where the transformer has been installed.

 

Chehlep village is located 66 Km. from the state Capital Imphal and it is around 9 Km. from Tengnoupal District Headquarters. The helpless poor parents with the help of the local immediately rushed the innocent little girl to Jivan Hospital from their village.

 

However, she was later referred to RIMS hospital for potentially life-threatening injuries and now she is recuperating from her injuries but unfortunately, the doctor advised her to undergo amputation surgery tomorrow.

 

Disgustingly, even after so many days have passed after the incident no inquiry has been initiated by the concerned department till date about the condition of the child whose poor family is living hand-to-mouth as daily wagers said disappointed M. Samuel Haokip, General Secretary, KSO Tengnoupal.

 

The student body is also peeved over the electricity department’s failure to maintain safety measure related to improper installation of the transformer within Tengnoupal block resulting in several electrocution cases stating that there are past and present incidents and accidents of electric shock attributed to the negligence of concerned department.

 

It also said that it is learned that the transformer installed near the victim’s house has been without fenced since a very long time which clearly exhibits a case of negligence on the part of the concerned authority in maintaining safety measure.

 

KSO Tengnoupal urged the concerned department to address the issue at the earliest otherwise it will be compelled to launch a various form of agitation over the issue until an amicable solution arrived.

 

Meanwhile, the poor parents of the innocent minor girl have been reeling under tremendous hardship at home and hospital as their only daughter apart from a single son who was born physical well and beautiful is, unfortunately, becoming a person with a disability only because of the negligence part of the concerned department.

 

Had the concerned department installed the transformer accordingly with proper fencing such tragedy upon the poor family of Khaikholen Mate would never happen and the little girl would never become handicapped.

 

Tags
Share

Related Articles

0 Comments