Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is set to embark on a two day Assam Tour, arrives at Guwahati’s Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi Airport today, thereby setting the stage for a series of significant announcements and project launches.
Reportedly welcomed by Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, Governor Gulab Chand Kataria, and a vibrant display of dancers, PM Modi’s visit is marked by a packed agenda.
Upon arrival, PM Modi promptly proceeded to the State Guest House at Koinadhora, where sources suggest a strategic meeting with key BJP leaders of Assam is on the agenda.
The highlight of his visit is reportedly tomorrow’s event at Khanapara, scheduled to commence at 11:30 am.
The Prime Minister is slated to unveil and lay the foundation stones for projects encompassing diverse sectors, promising infrastructural development, sports facilities, and healthcare enhancements, totaling a staggering Rs 11,000 crore.
The Key Projects to be Launched are reportedly as follows :
1. Maa Kamakhya Divyalok Pariyojana: An ambitious project with an estimated cost of Rs 498 crore.
2. Widening of Road connecting Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport: A critical infrastructure upgrade with an investment of Rs 358 crores.
3. Upgradation of 43 roads under Asom Mala 2.0: Including the construction of 38 bridges, with a total budget of Rs 3,444 crore.
4. Upgradation of Nehru Stadium into a FIFA Standard Football Stadium: A major sports infrastructure project with an investment of Rs 831 crore.
5. Chandrapur Stadium: A project worth Rs 300 crore aimed at boosting sports facilities.
6. Infrastructure Development of Guwahati Medical College and Hospital: An investment of Rs 3,250 crore to enhance healthcare facilities.
7. Karimganj Medical College: A medical infrastructure project with a budget of Rs 578 crore.
8. Unity Mall Development: An investment of Rs 297 crore for the development of commercial and recreational spaces.
Additionally Projects to be Dedicated reportedly includes:
1. Four Laning from Biswanath Chariali to Gohpur: A critical road infrastructure project with a cost of Rs 1,451 crore.
2. Four Laning from Dolabari to Jamuguri: A road development initiative with a budget of Rs 592 crore.
The cumulative investment in these projects is an impressive Rs 11,599 crore, underscoring the government’s commitment to bolstering the region’s development across multiple sectors.